When the temperatures are plummeting outside, staying indoors becomes inescapable. What makes the situation ideal though is a cozy environment at home. Friends sharing cups of steaming hot coffee amidst idle chatter, or staying curled up in your favourite corner with a good book, winter spend in the comfort of your home creates memories and bonds that last forever.
Here are a few simple ideas to invite the warmth of winter into your home:
- Place a Faux Fur throw on a sofa or chair, and let the comfort of its plush texture embrace you.
- A cluster of candles lit aesthetically not only create a warm ambiance for your home, but also effortlessly add elegance to your home.
- Books add the feel of a warm, cozy library without making a hole in your pocket. Reading is an excellent way to make your winters more enriching, and a comfortable reading nook is a great décor trick of the season.
- Poufs are a way more affordable seating option in comparison to sofas and chairs. In addition to this, these cushy pieces exude a relaxed vibe and beckon guests into the comfort of your home.
- Use linen, a fabric much more durable than cotton, to design an undone cozy look for your winter bedding that would be easy on the budget.
- Paint anew. Summers are bright and encourage the use of white and lighter shades, but winters require darker colours. Use colours like slate-gray, burgundy or navy blue and team them up with velvety textures as drapes to get your home to feel cozier in an instant!
- Don’t leave your walls sparse. Instead make it look personal, and well-lived in. Make your own collection of inexpensive flea market posters, art, or memorable photographs, to envelop your surroundings with warmth and joy.
- Wooden furniture adds the feel of a ski lodge at home. It is a slightly expensive choice in comparison to others, but you can also opt for artfully placed baskets or stools made of cane and similar pieces to make your home appear cozy and inviting.
So with these tricks tucked safely up your sleeve, prepare yourself for the arrival of winter into your home and have a memorable time. It’s time to turn your home into the coziest den imaginable, and soak up the all the comforts on offer!